time step too small in ltspice trouble with dflop instance

Home Forums General Electronics Digital Basic Components time step too small in ltspice trouble with dflop instance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    raphael

Good morning

i’m trying to simulate a simple tristate phase detector under LTSPICE, but i’m getting this error:

time step too small in ltspice

i have tried few things but it doesn’t fix the problem. How could i do please?
    Thank you in advance for your help
    Raphael
    ELEKPAUL
    Participant
    Credits: 4

Hi Raphael,

can you upload the example?

raphael

Hi elekpaul

I have removed the +5V biais voltage and the issue has disappeared. However the tristate doesn’t work. I also added a PSPICE version of it.
    Could you look at it please?
    Many thanks in advance
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ELEKPAUL
    Participant

are you sure that you have the tri-state LTspice model? the symbol appears to refer to an AND model.
    if the logic of the circuit is wrong I’m not surprised that you get a convergence error.

raphael

Dear Elekpaul

are you refering to the A3 AND gate in both projects? The purpose of this AND gate is to reset the D flipflop when both of them have their Q output set to 1. And then to prevent from having the state where QB=QH=1. This topology is found in the litterature (projet.asc) and works on ORCAD PSPICE.
    ELEKPAUL
    Participant

You’re right, I thought you were referring to the AND gate as tristate. I’ve found in the site this Phase frequency detector by Jacob Baker to which I added a CMOS tri state.hope it’s useful for you. About the configuration with the AND gate can you give me a reference?
    By the way, I can’t open the PSpice file, what version is it?

Bye

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.